If you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, you'll be dealing with 100 cooking and grocery shopping tasks and even basting the turkey to do a detailed holiday cleanup on the day of the meal. However, you don't want your friends and family to assume you have a messy house. So what's a host to do? Yes, cleaning in the holidays is a time-consuming task; it doesn't matter when you're reading this, after, or before. However, the next 5 tips will help you do it fast and effectively.
Before & After Cleaning Tips To Make Turkey Day Less Stressful
Thanksgiving cleaning will be slightly more intense beforehand, as you'll need to start cooking and want to get your home ready for guests:
- Washcloth napkins, tablecloths, placemats, specialty dishes, and silverware. You'll also want to make sure serving dishes and plates are clean, and large cooking utensils, such as frying pans or pots, may need to be washed if they haven't been used in a while.
- Clean and arrange your kitchen, so it's ready for guests and also prepared for a large amount of food it will soon see. Check the fridge's inside to make sure there is enough room to store all the ingredients before cooking and plenty of room for leftovers afterward.
- Tidy up guest rooms if you have visitors coming in from out of town. At the same time, you're dusting. In addition, Thanksgiving cleaning should include scrubbing the guest bathroom and all its areas.
- Set the dining table and clean the leaves that you are going to set before the guests arrive. If the tableware is set, you can set the table as well.
- Sweep or vacuum porches and lounges, and foyers before guests arrive.
- Pack leftovers in take-home containers or plastic food storage bins
- Pick up glasses, plates, and silverware and load dishwasher
- Remove napkins from the table and wipe off the countertop
- Wash any dishes that won't fit in the dishwasher
- Wiping down the cooktop, backsplash, and countertops
- Sweeping the dining room, living room, and kitchen
Don't Let Thanksgiving Cleaning Get You Stressed Out
Get professional cleaning services with Milan Cleaning Services and forget about the hard task of cleaning the remaining dishes, placemats, and more. We offer kitchen cleaning or event cleanup services for homeowners looking to enjoy dinner and then go to rest. We go the extra mile and do it for you. Contact us before the holidays!
PROFESSIONAL CLEANING HERE